How to Schedule Automatic Scan on Avast Free Antivirus 2022 – You can easily schedule a boot scan in Avast in a matter of minutes. You know that Avast Antivirus gives multiple scans that protect your PC from harmful threats and malware.
In this article, we have mentioned a feature of Avast which is scheduling scans, which lets you schedule scans on a specific hour like daily, weekly, or monthly.
Also mentioned about the Quick and Full scan, and which is perfect for you. If you are excited to know about it then please read this article carefully till the end.
Steps How You Can Schedule Automatic Scan on Avast Free Antivirus
If you want to know how to scan, here we have explained it in detail. You can easily do it in a couple of minutes with the help of these steps given below. After knowing about these, your program will do an automatic scan. These are simple but easy remedies that will help you. To know about that, you have to follow these steps given below and read them carefully till the end.
- First, you have to launch Avast on your device. Then you have to navigate to the system tray and then click on the Avast icon to run the program. But, if you don’t want to do it this way, you can do it another way too.
- For this you have to click on the Protection option.
- After that you have to click on the Virus Scan option.
- Then, the next step is to click on Custom Scan.
- And finally click on the create a new scan button
- You will then need to type a name into the new scan profile you want to create so that other scan profiles can easily identify it.
- Once that’s done, you’ll have to nibble on the frequency and just choose the one time, daily, weekly, or monthly you want to schedule.
- Once you do this, you have to choose the exact date or day and only the start time. One more thing to consider is that always keep in mind that Avast uses a 24-hour format instead of a 12-hour format.
- Now, it lets you customize the advanced settings for additional features. But I would suggest that the default setting is fine for you.
- Once you are done, now you have to go back to save the scan profile.
- When you save it, a scheduled scan is created and will start scanning at the selected date.
Is a quick scan good enough?
A quick scan is sufficient because a quick scan is easily and instantly scanned. Quick Scan scans only those files or folders where there is a potential for current threats. It does not scan every file on your computer.
You know, a quick scan is usually much better than a full scan. Because it works quickly and also works immediately from you. It also provides a high level of security to your computers and keeps them safe from harmful threats and malware.
Let me tell you that a full scan scans every file on your computer, so it may take a little longer to scan. Overall, I would suggest you use the Quick scan, which is perfect and even enough for you
How often should you run a full scan on your computer?
If you want to run your computer safely, then you use antivirus. But how often should you run a full scan on your computer? Well, it depends on a few things.
Updating antiviruses frequently can slow down your PC, they require an internet connection, and you need to restart your system after updating more frequently.
Regular system scans are required to ensure real-time protection against malware and threads. If I say the exact time frame, then once a week will be enough to scan or schedule an automatic scan of your PC.
You can do a full scan of your system once a week or schedule it on an automatic customized scan. However, everyday scanning can make your PC trouble, so make sure to leave enough time between the scheduled hours.
How do I run a deep scan on Avast?
If you want to run a deep scan on Avast, then you can easily do it in just a few minutes.Here we have mentioned some steps that will really help you to do that. Below we have mentioned some ways to run deep scans on avast.
- First of all, open Avast Antivirus software on your device.
- Then just tap on the search icon on the screen.
- After that you have to start your preferred scan: Smart Scan: Click on Run Smart Scan. Deep Scan: To click on the Scan Now button.
- Then you’ll have to wait until Avast Security scans your Mac for threats.
How long does a full system scan take with Avast?
It will take longer and a full scan will take about 1 hour, 22 minutes, 44 seconds to scan. This is faster than the deep scan result of AVG Antivirus Free. We saw five free antiviruses, of which only Microsoft Defender took longer.
If you are doing a smart scan then it will take up to 3 minutes and 9 seconds which is very less time as a quick scan to check infected files and folders. It seems that it takes twice as long as AVG Antivirus. When you install the program and then you don’t have an active scan it may take up to 14.3 seconds. This shows that 4.3 percent is a performance degradation in the background.
In the end, I hope you have enjoyed this article on how to schedule an automatic scan on Avast Free Antivirus 2021. In this article, we have also explained how to do a quick and full scan and why to use a quick scan. You can also run a deep scan with the help of this article. If you really liked this article then please share it with your friends. Thanks for reading.