How to Create, Set Up, and Manage Your Discord Server – So if you want to create, set up, and manage your discord server for your YouTube channel, for your friends to talk on PC, for schools whatever it might be you need to know how to do it easily and stand out.
In this article, you’re going to know the step-by-step process of how exactly you can make a very professional-looking discord server. So, without further delay, let’s get started.
How to Create a Discord Server?
If you want to create your own Discord server, you can do it exactly in the following few steps. Discord server is like a big chat room this allows users to competitively create free conflict servers. But first, you have to download the Discord app on your device, whether you have a desktop, laptop, iOS, or an Android phone.
And unlike other apps, which let you host the server, once the server is created, you don’t need to worry about keeping your internet activity.
To create your server as you usually start the application, then open the Discord app on your device. On the left sidebar, you will find a button to create a new server.
Once you click on it, you will be prompted with a screen that shows you the various templates of a color server that you can use, or create your own. Let’s look at detail and step-by-step.
- First of all, open the Discord app on your device. And look on the left side of the app, if you are on mobile, you may have to swipe your finger to the right to find it.
- After that, you will have to sign in and at that time you will be asked whether you want to create a new server or join it.
- Once you do this, you can see a green plus in the lower left of the screen, just click or tap on the green plus sign to create a new server.
- Either way, you will see the same screen. You click the “Create Server” button to create a new server.
- Here you will be asked to give your server name, and you must also choose your region which you want. If you want to change your region then you can also read how to change the discord region.
- And then click the “Create” button.
After all of this, your new server is created, and you are automatically connected to it. Once you create your server, don’t worry about being connected to it forever. Then, select your new server on the left and click the drop-down arrow next to its name to see options for inviting friends, changing server settings, creating channels, and more.
How to invite friends to your Discord server
If you want to invite friends to your Discord Server, you can do it easily. But first, you should know that instant invitation is a great way to give your friends access to your Discord server as long as they have a link available. Not only do quick invitations make it easier to invite your friends too, but they also allow you to set different criteria that control your server and when for how long they can access it.
Also if you don’t want to be a part of a discord server, which you have joined earlier then you can also leave from that discord server.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to create and customize instant invites on Discord. Here we have mentioned different steps for the Mac/Desktop and Mobile/iPhone.
For Mobile Users
If you want to invite someone to your Discord Server on a mobile device, all you have to do is do almost the same things that you did on the desktop. Follow these steps to invite someone to a quarrel:
- First of all, you have to open the Discord app on your iOS or Android device and log in to your account.
- You can see the three verticals on the top-left side of the screen, all you have to do is tap three vertical lines. This will open your server category on the left side of the screen.
- Just tap on the server icon and you will see a list of all the text and voice channels of that server.
- After that, you have to tap on the Instant Invite icon, which is just below the server name.
- Then tap on the names of your friends you want to invite.
- Or copy the link as you see fit.
- Once you copy the link to your clipboard, you can easily send it to anyone you want to invite to your Discord server.
For Mac/Desktop User
If you want to invite someone to the Discord Channel server, you will need instant invite permissions to do so. But, you have created your own server, then you can see them by default.
- First, launch the Discord app in your browser or desktop app.
- On the left side, you have to select the server to which you want to invite someone.
- After that right-click on the channel and then a pop-up will appear. You have to select Instant Invite from the pop-up menu and then you can see that the window will appear with an invite link.
- You can also click on the instant invoice icon to the right of the channel name.
- In the lower-right corner of the window, click Link Settings. Here, you will be able to choose from the following options:
- After it ends: Select when you want the link to end.
- The maximum number of uses: Limit the number of people you want to be able to use the link.
- Grant Temporary Membership: Grant temporary membership to users. Once they leave the server, they cannot reconnect without another invitation.
- Once you have done all the things with the settings, you simply click to generate a new link.
- You will need to click copy to save the invite link to your clipboard.
That’s all there is to it. After that, you just have to send this link to your friends which you want to invite, and once they click on the link, they will be able to connect to your Discord server.
How to Organize Discord Channels
Whenever you want to set up or organize your Discord server you can do it easily with a few simple steps. But, first, you have to notice the server channel.
You can set any channel as text or voice. After determining that you have to choose an inappropriate name for your bickering channel.
You can also group channels under the same category to make your server more organized. There are different categories of channels for different discussions. For example, if you are a game developer and are using the platform to communicate with your dev team, you can set different categories for “coding,” “art,” and “writing”. You can then set multiple channels in each category to divide “art” into “character-art”.
How to create text and voice channels
Next, you created your first server, then you’re automatically connected to as an administrator. If you want to create text and voice channels then you have to follow a few steps.
- Open the server, then you will see a drop-down menu at the top left of your screen that says next to the name of the server. There are several options; Invite friends, create server settings, channels, and rank.
- You have to select the Create channel option and you will have a screen that asks you to choose the channel type, text, or voice and name it.
- You always have to remember that if you have chosen the text channel, you will have to write the name in lowercase letters at any place. If you want to add a text channel that welcomes new people to the server.
But if you want to create a voice channel on the disk server, all you have to do is edit the channel called sound bitrate, and more users can connect to the channel at the same time. Another thing that you can edit in both text and voice channels is permissions. About that in the next section.
Creating a category helps you group different channels (voice or text) that serve the same objectives together. For example, you may need different channels for different games, this allows you to organize it easily.
How to designate roles in your Discord channel
If you are trying to manage a large server, you must have some people who can enforce the roles.
- First, you have to tap the server name at the top of the left sidebar, and then click “Server Settings” or “Settings”.
- Then tap on “Rolls”.
- If you’re on the desktop, click the plus button next to “Roles” in the top left. But if you’re on mobile, tap on the big blue “Create a role” button, or tap on the plus sign in the upper-right.
- Give this new role a name, and you can choose a color for it. You would call this role “administrator”. You can also choose whether users with this role are featured more prominently in the member list. From here, you can choose what capabilities the roles have. Go to Permissions and turn these capabilities on or off.
- When you are done, save your changes and exit this menu.
- To give this role to a member of your server, right-click or tap on their username in your server and choose a role from the menu.
How to use video chat to screen share
If you want to send your screen to Discord with your friends then you can easily do it. In voice or video chat, you just have to click on the “Share your screen” icon to start screen sharing.
Also, you have to choose which window or application you want to share with your friend. During screen sharing, you can continue chatting over text and voice channels. Generally, it has a limit that allows a maximum of 10 people to watch live-streamed screen shares. But, now I have good news for you, now the discord has increased from 10 to 50.
To join the live stream, click on the username of the person broadcasting in the voice chat.
How to edit your server’s settings
There are a few things you might want to change before you start using your server.
To edit the server’s settings, see the server name in the top left. The armpit has an arrow pointing downwards. Click this arrow to bring up the server menu.
- Then, select “Server Settings” from the menu. This takes you to the overview, where you can change the name, region, or icon for the server.
- There are two more settings on this page: the AFK channel and the system message channel. The AFK channel is where users are sent if they have been active for some time. Unless you have a very busy server, you probably don’t need it, so leave the settings on the No AFK Channel.
- The system message channel is the default channel where new users are sent and where system messages are sent. You can leave this as the default, # common channel, or set a new channel for system messages.
How do I manage my discord server?
Let me introduce frequently asked questions related to Discord Server. We will let you know how someone manages a discord server.
Managing Discord server means either you want to add more channels, edit, or delete them. To add a new channel in discord, you simply right-click on the left sidebar, go to create a channel, and click on it. A new popup will appear. Add your channel name, select either its text channel or voice channel.
Also, you can set a private channel by clicking on the toggle button in the right, and then just hit create channel button.
Similarly, there are plenty of things you can manage in discord, such as you can move channels by drag and drop, edit channels quickly by clicking on the small setting icon on your channel name, and much more.
How do you make a good discord server?
How to make a discord server look good, attractive, and more appealing for other new members?
You may not know I own two servers on discord. One is all about new tech updates, and the second one is focused on new gaming updates.
A couple of tips I’m going to give you to make your discord server attractive.
- The first thing that makes a discord server more attractive by server name and server icon. A catchy name makes you remembered and your pleasant icon looks interesting to people who want to join.
- The second thing is that you can choose the best emoji, which looks even more attractive to new members.
- The third tip you could consider having and your information channel should be the top channel on discord.
- Just choose your color schemes for your roles, it will look appealing.
- You must have different categories and sections which make you stand out.
It is easy to set up, create, and manage your discord server and stand out from the crowd.
We have tried to give you a simple explanation of every aspect of the discord server. It helps you massively and I really recommend you to follow these tips covered in this article, it will help you to make your discord server 1o times better and it can make you awesome.