What is the Satellite Toshiba?
Let us get to know this series better. The Satellite series is a range of Toshiba products. This range is focused on providing notebook computers for the consumer. Since the manufacturers have a client prioritized for business purposes, this is a separate line of products. Notebooks, as we know are better equipped for everyday workload and office. Hence, the Satellite series can provide users looking for a notebook computer with an option. The budget can range for the series and the interface is quite favorable to consumers.
If you are looking for a professional work-related PC, notebooks will not always be a good buy. It is good to keep in mind the initial purpose of the product before jumping in to buy a computer.
What are the features of the Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop?
Let us check the specifications for the notebook separately, focusing on the internal and the hardware details. Usually, notebooks carry a standard functionality especially if they are in the same budget range. So, it can tend to be tiresome to analyze minute capacities. Nevertheless, the benefit is that the user gets to opt for one lacking feature over another.
What if you only care about good office work? Or what if you only desire a decent gaming laptop? It is all subjective to the user, isn’t it?
This is why few details are always important to check before you spend your bucks, be it less.
Internal Features of Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop
- The processor details for this laptop might please some immediately since it is an i5. It is an Intel Core i5, a 4th Gen 4200U. The speed for the processor is 1.6 GHz but with a capability of maximum speed to 2.6 GHz.
- The number of cores for this laptop is Dual-Core. A cache of 3 MB. It has a computing bit of 64-Bit.
- It has 2.0 Intel Turbo Boost Technology.
- There is an integrated graphics processor, Intel HD Graphics 4400 on the laptop.
- Connectivity is essential in notebooks irrespective of the initial work requirement. The notebook has Gigabit Ethernet and IEEE 802.11b/g/n connectivity feature.
Hardware/Physical Details of Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop
- The display for the Toshiba satellite notebook has an LED backlight and HD display resolution. It has a widescreen display with an aspect ratio of 16:9. It has a TruBrite monitor.
- The display diagonal size is 15.6 inches, similar to most standard notebooks.
- The storage interface for this laptop is Serial ATA- 300.
- The laptop has an optical drive, DVD RW/ DVD-RAM. It is a SuperMulti DVD type.
The drive details are:
- Read Speed at 24x for CD and 8x for DVD.
- Write Speed at 24x for CD, 8x for DVD, and 6x for DVD DL.
- Rewrite Speed is at 16x for CD, 6x for DVD 8x for DVD+ RW, and 5x for DVD-RAM.
- The memory installed size in Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop is 8GB. It has a memory speed of 1600 MHz. The configuration features are 2 x 4 GB. It is a DDR3L SDRAM technology.
- The maximum supported memory size is 16 GB, DDR3L SDRAM with a speed of 1600 MHz. The slot quantity available is 2.
- There is an integrated webcam in the notebook available at your disposal. The video memory allocated is 1792 MB.
- For sound, the laptop has built-in stereo speakers and a microphone. It has a DTS sound.
- The hard drive for the laptop has 500 GB capacity. The type is HDD and comes with a spindle speed of 5400 RPM.
- The notebook has a standard keyboard with a numeric keypad. It has a touchpad for pointing devices with a multi-touch feature.
- The laptop does support SD memory cards, SDHC, SDXC, micro, and miniSD memory type.
- This notebook comes with a 4-cell battery and the capacity is 43 Wh.
- The laptop has a VGA port, HDMI, mic/headphone, 2 slots for USB 3.0, and 1 USB 2.0 and LAN.
- Getting into the bodyweight of the laptop, it is 5.36 pounds. A fairly reasonable weight much like any standard notebook.
- The dimension details are 14.9 in, 9.6 in, and 1.1 in (Width x Depth x Height).
The Beneficial Usage of the Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop
- Some users prefer Intel and might enjoy what this model offers. The i5 is a decent professor that you can benefit from. The clocking speed availability also increases your chances of having a smoother run as opposed to a 1.6 GHz speed.
- The battery run time is 6.75 hours, which is a good amount of duration for notebook usage.
- The notebook has an optical drive available. And if you desire or need this feature this acts as a plus point for the purchase.
All in all, the i5 processor laptop is efficient and works perfectly for your office software requirements. Good internet connectivity provides you with options to stream and views online content. You can browse for work and use the webcam feature for video call meetings as well. The 4th Gen i5 is also good enough to play games and entertain the user.
Key Drawbacks in the Toshiba Notebook
- One of the apparent features that might create disliking to the users is Bluetooth unavailability. Since this connectivity is vital for less hassle connection, and less usage of port for cables. It might seem that the user has to go the extra mile to connect the devices to the laptop.
- The price for the laptop might not be suitable if you are looking for lesser-priced notebooks. Since it is possible to avail a more budget-friendly notebook with similar features. Paying extra is always okay if there are features that highlight the particular notebook. But, for similar efficient work and capability, paying more might be a loss for the user.
Prices are always a drawback in any laptop purchase. It has to be worth what you pay after all. So, the question is, are you willing to spend on this notebook?
Should you buy the Toshiba Satellite L55 Laptop?
We have seen the drawback and the working capability of the laptop. The laptop has a good internet connection feature but no Bluetooth. Although Bluetooth is a drawback, there will still be users that still opt for the notebook for other features. A concern regarding the purchase can also be directed towards the price. If you want a good working laptop, of course, this is a perfect product to spend on. However, can you find more similar products with few features discrepancy? Yes, you can, and for a range of different prices. In due course, the product will stick with you so a good investment is a better choice.
You may also like: Toshiba C75D-B7297 Review