Decisions can be hard. Especially when deciding to spend your buck on goody. If you are in a conundrum to choose a processor, you have come to the right place. We will be looking at the specifications and how they will bide with usage. User requirements and budget are also considered.
Features of AMD fx 8350
- The AMD fx has a frequency of 4 GHz.
- The Turbo Frequency for the processor can go to 4.2 GHz.
- There are 8 numbers physical Cores and 8 Threads.
- The Cache details are, L2 and L3 both at 8 MB.
Specifications for Ryzen 5
Getting into the different variants of Ryzen, we can access different prices and performance. The exact processor you desire to purchase can also depend upon your budget and work requirements.
- The Ryzen 5 3400G is a quad-core processor. The processor supports 4 Core and 9 Threads. The iGPU is Vega 11. The BaseF is 3.7 GHz for this variant and the BoostF is 4.2 GHz. The Cache details respectively, L1 Cache at 384 KB, L2 at 2 MB, and L3 at 4 MB. A boxed cooler is included as well as overclocking.
- The Ryzen 5 3500 variant has 6 Core, 6 Threads, but no iGPU. The BaseF is 3.6 GHz and the processor BoostF is 4.1 GHz. The Cache details include L2 and L3 at 16 MB. The processor is Overclockable.
- The third variant is a Hexa Core processor. Ryzen 5 3600 specifications include Core 6 and 12 Threads. There is also no I GPU in the 3600 variant. The BaseF for this processor is 3.6 GHz and the BoostF at 4.2 GHz. The L2 and L3 cache come at 35 MB and the Ryzen 5 3600 is Overclockable.
- Ryzen 5 3600X is a similar variant to 3600. The difference is the frequencies of the processor. The BaseF here is 3.8 GHz and the BoostF is 4.4 GHz.
Benefits of AMD fx 8350
Let us get into the details of the AMD fx processor. When checking AMD fx 8350 vs Ryzen 5 factors, let us see the benefit the former offers. The pro feature of the AMD unit is also dependent on the price. A cheaper set of the unit to create a good running PC is a great deal. The fx 8350 is a little old compared to any later launched processors. Hence, the price and product are somewhat feasible. You can still use this processor for many average tasks one needs daily. However, you might desire a specific activity and that is when compromising comes.
The performance still bodes well in the AMD fx 8350 processor. The GPU-bound 4k still promises a good gaming ability to the PC. Another important factor is the pairing. If you end up pairing a high-end graphics card, your PC performance for gaming is much more sorted. This is directed towards more casual game sessions. Nonetheless, with a tweak to the PC, you can play World War Z, Resident Evil, and more.
With 4.6 GHz overclocking, you can expect to play games like:
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Battlefield V
- The Witcher 3
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
- Hitman 2
- Far Cry New Dawn
- Grand Theft Auto V
Now, some GPUs will ride best with this processor.
- NVidia GTX 1050 Ti
- EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB
- ASUS GeForce GTX 1070
- EVGA GTX 1060 3 GB
In hindsight, the Amd fx processor does provide an average but smooth game session.
Drawbacks of Amd fx 8350
One of the lacking features of this processor is the integrated graphics. The budget spent will not include integrated graphics, and you have to find your way to pair it. A little bit of compatible research and spending more will result in graphics set for the PC. Overclocking will offer users slightly improved results in processor usage. The high-temperature issue that comes with using the AMD fx also comes as a drawback to users. Users try to avoid any form of quick heating up in their PC. Any usage bombarded by this factor is a negative approach to any purchase insight.
Ryzen 5 Usage capability and downside
Moving on to the Ryzen 5 series, it has a slightly more reputed case. In terms of gameplay, the Ryzen 5 with 4.3 GHz overclocking enables similar games used in fx after OC. Games like Hitman 2, Battlefield V, Shadow of the tomb raider, Far Cry New Dawn and more. In different variants of the Ryzen 5, you can opt for different features.
- Starting with the Ryzen 5 3400G, this is a decent processor for light gaming. Considering the budget constrain, this will provide satisfactory work. If you do not want to spend extra expense on graphics, you can still opt for this. If you want to work on developer projects, graphics-related video, and photo work, 3400G is compatible. Therefore, purchasing a graphics card can be put on hold while enabling you to work meanwhile.
- The next variation is the Ryzen 5 3500. This processor will not enable you to have simultaneous multi-threading. Another downside is that the processor does not support iGPU. However, if you are building a PC and expect it to hold gaming within a budget, this is doable. The specifications offered in this variant minus some of the features are still powered enough for gaming.
- The third variant is the Ryzen 5 3600 processor. This processor supports simultaneous multi-threading. Since the processor does not possess iGPU, you will require investing in a graphics card separately. Now, this processor can be catered towards gaming as well as more creative work. You can expect a good multi-tasking capability and slightly heavier CPU activity. This processor also includes a good gaming potential.
- Ryzen 5 3600X has a somewhat similar processor with simultaneous multi-threading quality. The difference is in the frequencies. This is stable and the temperature issue is less. The price might not be budget-friendly to all consumers. If you prefer Overclocking and better silicon material, you can opt for higher expenditure.
Which to prefer from AMD fx 8350 vs Ryzen 5
These insights are sure to help you determine better which processor to opt for when building a PC.
AMD fx 8350 can draw user’s attention perhaps with the price and immediate requirement. However, the Ryzen 5 series does offer options and variants but with more expense. Decent gaming can be experienced in both. Heating up will be an issue in Amd fx 8350. And other than the 3400G, the Ryzen 5 variants will require you to purchase a Graphics card. This is also an added expense.
Users can spend more and tweak few changes in the built. If preferred, a decent cooler and integrated graphics might help the Amd fx 8350 users to complete their buy. The user can opt to use the processors without any extra purchase. The Ryzen 5 3400G might be in a slightly advantageous state.
Overall, minus the added budget to the buy, the potential of the processor is somewhat similar.
You may also like: AMD Ryzen vs FX