How to Send Videos on Discord via Mobile or PC – Discord is a great online community for like-minded people where you can connect with others, share ideas, and fun together. If you don’t have an account on discord then create one.
When you share some content or chat with others, you may want to share videos as well. But many of you struggle to send videos on Discord. So I have written this article dedicated to how to send videos on discord via mobile or PC.
By the end of this article, you will know how to send videos on discord in android mobile, iPhone, and without link as well. Discord became famous for providing multiple convenient solutions for communities online.
So without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Send Videos on Discord Using PC
If you want to send a video to your Discord server, then you don’t need to worry about anything related to it. You know that sending video to Discord is actually very easy, whether you are using a PC, you can do it easily by following the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to launch the Discord app on your PC, after that, you have to navigate to the Discord channel where you want to send the video. Then you need to find the right option in the list of servers you are a member of, or in your message inbox to find the user to whom you want to send it privately.
- Once you get to the right place, you have to click on the (+) icon on the left side of the chatbox at the bottom of the screen where you type the message.
- After that you have to select the file that you want to send to Discord, then just double click on the file. You can then see a pop-up menu for the video where you can add a comment. Then all you have to do is type the reason why you send this video. If you’re sharing a gaming tip you can also mark it as a spoiler, but you don’t want to spoil the story for someone who hasn’t reached that point yet.
- After that, you only have to click the upload button to upload the video.
- Once your video is uploaded, you can watch the video in the window chat for anyone on the server to watch the video. You can easily send videos privately to your friends.
- Once, you will send the video to your friends, then your friends will be able to download the video by clicking on the download button at the top right of the video.
After uploading any video to the Discord server, it still allows other people to download it to view on their device.
But, one more thing, which is highly negotiable is that there is a strict file limit of 8MB, you can only send videos up to 8MB. If you want to upload more than 8MB of videos, then you have to read the steps below to know.
How to Send Videos on Discord Using Mobile
If you are a mobile user and you want to send a video to the discord saver, then it is also easy to do as a mobile user. This is the best way that can help you communicate with your friends through this video chatting facility. It helps you to speed up your communication worldwide.
There are many benefits to doing this as well. We have mentioned all the things related to it below, to know all you have to read it carefully.
The basic thing you need is a working computer with a high-speed Internet connection to make it easier for you to send video to the phone. Once you have prepared all these things, you will be able to set up a video chat account. After setting it, you can now connect it through your smartphone
- First of all, you have to open the Discord app on your smartphone.
- Then, type “server name” or locate the inbox of the person to whom you want to send the video.
- After this, select the file. Note that the phone will only hunt for photos.
- And then, look for the videos you want to send to the dispute, then choose “File Selector”, which will be the third icon with a fold-over corner on the text document.
- Click on the file selector. Doing so will take you to the “Downloads” folder of your device
How to Send Videos on Discord iPhone
If you use an iPhone and want to send video to your Discord server, you can do it easily by following the steps given below.
- First, you have to log in to your account on the Disorder app, and then click on the “Create a New Voice” option on the app’s home page. Then you have to type the name of the new channel, and then you can start uploading your voice clip by clicking the play button next to each clip you are going to upload.
- After that, you will be asked to upload the clip as an MP3 file or upload it from your computer. You will then be prompted to set a call sign, as well as if you want to upload multiple clips, which allows you to create a soundboard.
- Once you have uploaded your clips to your computer, you will be able to start recording your videos on how to send the videos to the disordered voice clips and send them to other users on the channel. Once your messages are posted, they will be visible to all members of your channel.
- Each user will be able to see a different message on their screen and will have the option to click or delete your message. If a user deletes a message, it will no longer be viewable to other users of the channel.
- You will also have the option to create a group by clicking on the “Create a group” link next to each user in your voice chat room. This group will allow you to invite other members to join your voice chat.
If you want to learn how to send videos to the Disorder iPhone, you will have to sign up for a free account on the site. You can then upload your video clips to your account in the “Files” section, and then you can start sending your messages to other users of the channel.
Every time you post a message, new messages posted will appear on the members’ screens as well as on your channel’s message boards, allowing you to reach hundreds of subscribers simultaneously.
How to Send Long Videos More than 8MB on Discord
Update to Discord Nitro to Upload 100MB
If you want to upload a video of more than 8MB, you do not need to worry about it, you can do it in a few minutes by following the few steps given below.
To do this, first of all, you have to upgrade Nitro which allows you to send video clips up to 100 MB, which is enough for you. But, for this, you will have to pay some money. It will cost you $ 4.99 per month or $ 49.9 per year, which is not a huge amount.
You can benefit greatly by upgrading the Discord Nitro. This will increase the file size upload to 100MB. If you want to send long videos, or regularly send videos close to 100 MB, you have to upgrade Discord Nitro.
If you want to send videos for a longer time then you can also do it with YouTube, you can automatically upload videos with a duration of more than 10 minutes.
To upload Discord videos using YouTube, you must verify your account. Follow the steps given below to upload the video to Discord using YouTube.
- First of all, you have to log in to Youtube from your computer or mobile (note that your account needs to be verified. If your account is not verified, you will see a notification on your app/website to verify what you will ask for).
- Then click on the “camera icon” at the top right of your screen, then next to your profile photo.
- After that, you have to select “Upload Video”. For those using the YouTube app, you will see an option that says “GO LIVE” or choose a video from your gallery.
- Then, send the video to Discord using Youtube
- After that from your gallery select the video you want to upload to your Disorder Server.
- Then set the privacy settings for your video. The default setting is public. Clicking on Public will give you a drop-down menu with four options.
- Accordingly, select one of the public, private, unlisted, or scheduled.
- Once you have done this, now drag and drop the selected video from the folder into the browser.
- Alternatively, you can also open your file browser and double-click on the file you want to upload.
- This support file types are MOV, MPEG4, .MP4, .AVI, .WMV, .MPEG-PS, .FLV, 3GPP, WebM, DNxHR, ProRes, CineForm, HEVC (h265). If you are using the app, you have options to add filters or edit your video.
- After that tap on the “Airplane” icon in the top right to upload your video.
- Then enter information about the video, such as name, description, and tag. Similarly, you must also add a thumbnail to your video, which attracts people to watch your video.
- Then, send videos larger than 8 MB using YouTube, and finally, click “Done”.
You will be automatically redirected to a full upload page with thumbnails and a link to your video on the website. Then you have to copy and paste the link in Discord chat room/server to send the video to your friends. This is how you send videos on discord via mobile or PC.
In conclusion, we have explained how you can send videos on discord via mobile or PC. Even on the text channel or any server. If you want to share or post any video you can send it very easily.
In short, just open up the discord. Then you can select the direct message icon in the top left in your android or iPhone. Find the person you want to send a message to. And then, select an image icon. It will bring up all the videos on your phone.
From there all you need to do is to select the video you want to send and you’re done. Your message has been sent.