You must know about AMD (Advanced Micro Device), the leading company. AMD has brought different processors into the marketplace. Rayzen is the latest and most advanced brand that produces many powerful processors for computers. You must know about Ryzen 5, which is the mid-range processor from this brand.
Though the features of Ryzen 5 1600 and 2600 has some similarities, they also have some difference. Thus, they are not the same. Let’s get into our discussion AMD Ryzen 5 1600 VS 2600 you can choose the suitable one from them.
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 VS 2600
Ryzen 5, the latest processor brand had introduced in the marketplace in March 2017. They presented their advanced technology with three different ranges of products- Ryzen 3, 5, and 7. Among these three ranges, Ryzen 5 is considered the mid-range processor as it is made with 64-bit quad and hex-cores x86 microprocessors.
This brand brought the model Ryzen 5 1600 in April 2017 and Ryzen 5 2600 in April 2018. So, you can guess with common knowledge that the one that came later will have some updates on its features. Your guess is right at all.
There is also price variation between them. However, you cannot mention any of them as not good. You can get an outstanding performance from any of them.
You may get confused hearing these things. So, without making you more confused, we will now describe the details, features, and benefits of both of these models.
Ryzen 5 1600 is a processor with a virtualization feature. This is featured with AMD SEnseMI technology which also supports AVX2.
The construction of this model was followed AMD Zen Core Architecture. The unique feature of all Ryzen processors is the AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility, as this is only made for AM4 socket motherboards. The AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) is implemented here that ensures the fastest speed and a secured environment.
Features of Ryzen 5 1600 Processor:
- Number of Cores in CPU: 6 cores
- Number of Threads: 12
- Base Clock: 3.2 GH
- Maximum boost clock: 3.6 GHz
- T total L1 cache is 576KB, L2 cache is 3 MB, and L3 cache is 16 MB.
- Memory type: DDR4 has 2 memory channels.
- System memory: up to 2667 MHz
- CMOS: 14 nm
- Weight: about 0.99 lbs
Ryzen 5 2600 is featured with AMD SenseMI technology like Ryzen 5 1600. The construction feature of both models is almost the same. However, being a later version Ryzen 5 2600 has some more features included in its chipset.
Along with SenseMI technology, there is also AMD StoreMI Technology in this version of Ryzen 5. It doesn’t follow AMD Zen Core Architecture.
Similar to the previous version, this one is also made with AMD Ryzen™ Master Utility. And so it also ensures advanced security to protect your info. You will get some extra advantages from this model for its AMD Ryzen™ VR-Ready Premium chip.
Features of Ryzen 5 2600 Processor:
- Number of Cores in CPU: 6 cores
- Number of Threads: 12
- Base Clock: 3.4 GHz
- Maximum boost clock: 3.9 GHz
- The total L1 cache is 576KB, L2 cache is 3 MB, and L3 cache is 16 MB.
- Memory type: DDR4 having 2 memory channels.
- System memory: up to 1933 MHz
- CMOS: 12 nm FinFET
- Weight: about 1.00 lbs
Benefit You can Get from AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- You can get a smooth gaming experience with its advanced multiprocessing performance.
- It has come with true machine intelligence for the first time in its class, which consumes the lowest power.
- This processor provides faster service with a good amount of cores in it. Also, being multithreading it speed’s better for multiple tasks.
- You can smoothly perform an intensive task with it. It is also good for gaming.
Benefit You can Get from AMD Ryzen 5 2600
- This version can provide the highest multiprocessing performance comparing with the other versions of this class.
- You can have a flawless gaming experience with its more innovative and incredible technology.
- You will get the performance speed consistency of this version is better than Ryzen 5 1600.
- This is configured in a way; thus, you find it very easy to install and get a very stable connection.
- It is always ready to serve better performance with the more extensive cache memory.
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 VS 2600: Which Should I Pick?
Now, you have learned about all the features and the characteristics of both AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and 2600. So, what do you think? Which is a better option? You must choose AMD Ryzen 5 1600, won’t you? There are so many reasons for picking this one.
However, this version of Ryzen is considered the best one for today. The main reason behind its being the most demandable one is the lower rate and the higher benefits. The price of the Ryzen 5 1600 is higher than Ryzen 5 2600. At the same time, you are getting some extra benefits at a lower cost, why choose the costly one!
Though it has a good memory, not better compared with Ryzen 5 2600, it needs a lot of memory to provide better service. That is why you have to use good RAM to work well with this processor.
So, you may be clear about the better one. To get the best outcome from Ryzen 5 2600, you just need to have a good quality motherboard. And then just pair it with that, and you can enjoy your gaming.
You may also like: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 vs i5 8400 CPU Comparison
Why Have the Best Processor?
You may be a gamer or creator. Then, you must need the best service from your pc. This is the main reason people go for the personal computer as they can customize it suitable for own work. You can buy AMD’s processor without any doubt.
Having a good processor can change your experience of working with your old pc. The working speed, the performance quality of pc depend on the quality of the processor. Processor is the heart of pc you can say. So, it is a must to choose the better option.
And, if you are confused about AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and 2600, Ryzen 5 2600 will be a better option considering affordability and the feature.
It is not easy to pick one from two similar processors. As you see, almost every points are the same for Ryzen 5 1600 and 2600. Thus, it becomes hard to judge AMD Ryzen 5 1600 VS 2600. If you are in search of the best processor at an affordable rate, we will recommend having Ryzen 5 2600.
However, comparing all the features, you will see there so not too many differences in the service level. But, it is a natural tendency of people to choose the later version among two compatible options.
We have to try to help you in choosing the processor for your pc. We think you find the content valuable. Thanks for reading.