Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops Review – Laptops in general are a desired commodity. You can play inbuilt games like solitaire, card games, and other customized games. It is a leisure way to spend time and also have entertainment at your fingertips. Now, we know that laptops are more than entertainment devices. This machine provides us work and lets us do tasks. Office work cannot be completed without a PC. Regular work is more convenient with this existence.
Regular laptops do provide us with features to do daily tasks. But wait, there is more. A touch screen ability, which is not new to us due to our mobile devices. Touch screen laptops can be considered fancy at times. However, there are no major changes that affect the performance. Although, it is easier for you to touch and get the work done.
Here is an example of Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops we can assess
We can check out the internal and external specifications of the laptop. This will help you curb the dilemma and have a better idea of the device.
Let us Check Toshiba Satellite Touch Screen Laptop S55T-B5273NR
Physical characteristics of the computer
- The touch screen display is 15.6 inches, which you can find in most notebooks.
- The laptop screen resolution is 1366 x 768, where you can easily watch HD videos and stream online.
- The laptop has a built-in webcam you can use for skype calls and occasional video recording.
- The laptop has a USB 3.0 port for external plug-in features and 1 USB 2.0 port.
- The Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops can be considered a catch.
- The S55T-B5273NR model’s physical specifications are 17.2 inches in length. A 14.1 inches width, and 1.9-inch height.
- A stainless-steel silver colour is available to observe.
- The hard
- You can also find Kardon speakers in the Toshiba laptop. The speakers provide you with good sound for movies, music, and online video work.
- There are also SD, SDHC, SDXC, and MMC memory cards available for easy transfer. And also, for the storage of different kinds of files.
- The notebook product weighs 4.9 pounds and is not necessarily difficult to carry for work. You can also travel with the laptop without too much hassle.
The internal features of the computer
- Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops generally possess a decent processor for work usage and more.
- This laptop is a high-performance device. You will get a processor speed of 2. 5 GHz going up to 3.4 GHz. The front-side bus speed is 2500 MHz. The memory speed is 1600 MHz.
- The memory type for this model is DDR3 SDRAM.
- You get an Intel Core i7-4710 HQ processor which is a powerful processor for a laptop.
- This touch screen laptop provides you an 8 GB memory DDR3 like most laptops in the market. It also has a capacity of 1 TB hard drive which is enough for good content storage.
- This model gives you Mobile Intel HD Graphics. Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops do provide good Graphics that can be used for gaming as well.
- The laptop has a wireless AC (802.11a/b/g/n/ac). It also has 10/100/1000 Ethernet capability making the connection process easier.
- The laptop runs on a Windows 8.1 version. It has a hard drive rotational speed of RPM 5400.
Reviews on the model
The good side
The laptop has a fast speed and minimal lagging which is a plus point for users. If you also tend to have a poor internet connection, new laptops run faster than older ones in general. This model itself has a processor good enough to handle the poor connections and provide better internet usage. The laptop is an excellent choice if you want to use it for coding and editing large files. Video editing becomes complex in a smaller processor. So, this is a capable laptop for professional work.
Here a few things about the laptop that may be a disadvantage to some.
- The battery life can tend to be exhausting if used for longer hours. You will need to plug in the adapter when performing hard tasks.
- The laptop does not include a DVD and CD player. Therefore, if you want to use an external CD on the laptop, you cannot do so.
- If the laptop has damage areas, the repair prices can tend to be steep. This is not favourable to many consumers.
Other similar Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops that you can consider.
1. Toshiba Satellite Radius 15, 2 in 1 15.6-inch laptop
This touch screen set of laptops has a powerful i7 processor. Similar to the previous model we checked, this provides you with complex-work ability. The memory speed of 1600 MHz brings you good performance. Other than the internal features, you can flip the laptop in the opposite direction. Normal laptops have an L shape unbendable structure. Whereas, this satellite touch screen model gives room for freedom.
The downside of the laptop includes the size. Some users might not find it compact even with the flip feature. The physical body is average. The battery also comes as an issue since these are older models of Toshiba.
2. Toshiba Satellite C55Dt-C5245
This 15.6-inch touch screen laptop has Windows 10 operating system with AMD Radeon R5. It has AMD A8-7410 2.2 GHz. The laptop has a 1 TB hard drive which is good enough storage for work and leisure combined. The laptop might have some issues when it comes to connection. The laptop is an average to decently featured quality. The processor is enough for you to do your minimal day-to-day tasks. The product is budget-friendly and does the average requirement. The touch screen feature is a bonus.
3. Toshiba Satellite L55Dt-C5238
This touch screen model runs on Windows 10. The laptop has an 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM capacity. It has a 15.6-inch display that is a touch screen. The hard drive has 5400 RPM and 1 TB storage space. It has an AMD A8-7410 2.2 GHz processor. For an average budget laptop, this touch screen does run smoothly. You can do tasks like writing, working on sheets and presentations without a hassle. If you purchase a laptop for work and daily tasks, this is a good buy. However, the disadvantages might be slight lagging at times for booting and hard usage. This might sometimes disrupt the internet connectivity too. Overall, you can opt for this touch screen for an inexpensive purchase. Or prefer to add more expense and opt for a higher-end PC.
Overall view of the Toshiba Touch Screen Laptops
- The few that we have reviewed from the touch screen series helped us comprehend the products more substantially. Models like S55T-B5273NR, Toshiba Satellite L55Dt-C5238, and more from the list gave us insight into the old models. The touch screen feature is a favored quality of common users and new alike. Like our mobile device, we prefer an easily touched accessible product. However, besides the touch feature, there are quite average attributes that can be found in standard laptops.
- Another important factor to consider is the price. The more budget-friendly products tend to compromise some of the features. The manufacturers also compromise a lot of different features depending on the enhancement. For example, an enhanced high processor laptop might not have a DVD drive. The idea is to understand what you prefer as a consumer.
What is your basic need? Is it pocket-friendly or high performance? Characterizing the pros and cons provides clear insight and helps decide your dilemma. The buyer should always analyze and understand their priority, which in turn eases the search.