How to Stop Avast From Blocking Websites – In this article, we have explained how to stop Avast from blocking websites. You know that Avast is software that helps you find threats and malware in your computer and removes them quickly without your knowledge. But sometimes it may happen that avast may have blocked the safe websites.
At that time Avast recognized that those websites are harmful, but those websites are important to you and want to unblock them. If you are really excited to know about How to Stop Avast From Blocking Websites and want to know how to Unblock them, then please read this article carefully till the end.
What reason does avast antivirus to block a website?
Whenever you install Avast Antivirus, Internet Security Pack will also be installed on your computer without your knowledge. Internet Security Pack developed by Avast, which provides protection to your computer and blocks harmful threats and malware from your computer.
The major function of Avast Antivirus is to protect your computer from harmful threats and unintentional malware that put your computer in big trouble to keep it running properly.
Avast also provides additional shield protection that helps to prevent these types of websites from being accessed on the browser via the Internet.
Sometimes it may happen that Avast has blocked the secure website. At that time, Avast recognized that those websites are harmful, but those websites are crucial to you and want to unblock them. So, here we have mentioned some steps that will help you to stop Avast from blocking websites.
5 Methods To Stop Avast From Blocking Website
Disable the Avast Web Shield Protection
You know that Avast Antivirus provides a high level of protection for internet connectivity and access. Also, help you to protect your computer from harmful threats, malware, and harmful web. So, if you want to protect your computer from harmful threats and malware. Then you have to use this method named web shield, which is the main thing to prevent threats and viruses. You’ll need to disable Web Shield to do this, so here we’ve listed a few steps below.
- First, press the window button and search for Avast, then hit enter.
- Then navigate to the Avast Dashboard and click on the Menu button.
- Then click on the Settings tab and then press the Core Shield option.
- Once done, go to the Web Shield option under Configure Shield.
- Finally, after clicking on the Web Shield option, you may see a pop-up appear on your screen, just uncheck it to disable Web Shield.
Add Exceptions URL
If you want to prevent Avast from blocking the website, you can also use this method to do so. If Avast blocks any of your crucial websites and you want to access them, you will need to unblock that website from the blacklist from Avast settings. To do this Avast allows you to easily find it by entering the URL of that website in the whitelist, and prevents Avast from blocking or scanning that specific website. To do this easily, you need to follow the steps given below.
- First, open Avast and navigate to Dashboard.
- Then tap on the Settings tab and click on the Exceptions tab.
- After that, click on Add Exception then you can see a pop-up will appear.
- Then enter the URL to add to the exception.
- Finally, click on the Add Exception button to save.
- After doing all this, you have to go to the browser and try to access that website. If still, the website does not open then you can use the next method.
Update the Latest Version
If your problem is still not fixed after using the previous methods, you should use this one as well. You need to update antivirus software for virus prevention. If you will update your Avast Antivirus software to the latest version that might fix your problem. You can easily update by following the steps given below.
- First press the window button and find Avast and open it.
- Then navigate to the Avast menu and then click on the Settings button.
- After that, click on the Update button in the General panel.
- Once done, click on Check for Updates.
- Lastly, your Avast software will automatically update in no time.
Turn Off Avast Protection Temporarily
If you want to exclude your blocked website temporarily. You can use this method. In this method, you have to turn off Avast Protection temporarily. Below we have mentioned the steps to do so, which will help you to prevent the website from avast scanning.
- First, you have to right-click on the Avast icon in the taskbar right corner.
- Then hover the pointer over the Avast Shield control option, and you’ll see a new window on the left that lets you choose the time you like.
- To do this, click on the OK Stop button at the end.
Repair Avast Installation Program
If you are still facing the problem, then you need to try this method. If you fix its security program, you can easily fix Avast blocking website issues. For this, you need to configure the Avast installation to prevent Avast from blocking websites. I have mentioned some steps to easily configure the installation program.
- Firstly, open Avast on your device.
- Then navigate to the Avast Dashboard and then click the Menu button.
- Then click on the Settings option and then click on the Troubleshooting tab.
- Now, click on Repair to repair the installation program.
- After doing all this, you have to be patient as it will take some time to recover.
Once, Avast Antivirus is fixed, then you can start the Avast software again to check if the problem is fixed or not.
At last, we have mentioned all the better solutions for avast blocking websites for you that will really help you to do it easily. If you are also facing problems on your computer, then try these solutions. I hope you enjoy this article. If you found this article useful, then please share it with your friends, and if you have any query then let me know in the comment section.